5. CHEM300 Chemistry Laboratory V
1. Gravimetric analysis: a) Estimation of barium ions as barium sulphate. b) Estimation of lead as lead chromate. c) Estimation of aluminium as its 8-hydroxyquinoline complex d) Estimation of Ni as Ni DMG complex.
2. Separation of given organic mixture and analysis.
3. Chromatographic techniques TLC, Paper and Column chromatography.
4. Determination of first order rate constant. – Acid hydrolysis of ester
5. Determination of second order rate constant – Base hydrolysis of ester
6. Preparations of gels and colloids