4. CHEM210 Chemistry Laboratory IV
1) Identification of well known organic functional groups - Identification of elements present and functional groups.
2) Determination of phase transition temperature of phenol-water system.
3) Determination of equilibrium constant of
4) Phase diagram of two component and three component systems.
5) Electrochemistry experiments. (i) Determination of electrode potential (ii) pH titration involving strong/weak acids and strong/weak bases (iii) Conductometry titration experiments (iv) Conductivity of weak and strong electrolytes
6) Mini-lab in organic synthesis (i) Nitration of naphthalene (ii) Ozazone formation (iii) Bromination of hydrocarbons.